Nothing stands still; updates for WP and plugins are constantly being released, and they are included in our template. We constantly update our theme with new features, and fix outstanding issues. We recommend using the latest theme version to avoid any issues associated with incorrect template functioning. Whenever the theme is updated, files will be rewritten. If you have made any changes to the updated files, those changes will be lost. Therefore, if you are planning to customize your template, you are advised to use the Child Theme, or the Custom CSS area in Theme Options if your changes only affect CSS styles. Theme updates only affect the theme files, and do not affect the database. To avoid difficulties, backup the theme files and database before any update.
Follow the steps below to update theme through FTP:
- Download the zipped package from ThemeForest and extract to your desktop.
- In the extracted package, you will find archive XStore_Theme_v.x.x.zip; the WordPress theme.
- Extract the zip file and upload the extracted XStore folder to /wp-content/themes/ folder on your server with overwriting.
- Check to see if you are using the latest version of the XStore Core plugin. Update this plugin if your version is not the most recent.
Update using Envato Market (Automatic Updates)
Envato Market is a plugin for automatic WordPress theme updates that provides fast, efficient updates to keep your theme bug-free and compatible with the latest version of WordPress. Visit the Envato Market Github page to download the plugin zip file.
- Before installing the plugin, request your Envato API token.
- Install and activate it like any other plugin. A new menu item, “Envato Market,” will appear in the admin sidebar. Click on the sidebar link, and enter your marketplace username and secret Envato API Personal Token. Click “Save Settings.” Your theme purchases will now appear on this page once it refreshes.
- The plugin will now alert you to theme updates as (be sure to check the toolkit settings regularly). Click on “install automatically” to automatically update them.
Update using Easy Theme Update plugin
You may also use Easy Theme Update plugin to back up your theme and upload the latest version.
Re-save your XStore options after upgrading the theme. Navigate to admin panel>Theme Options and hit Save Changes.