Nothing stands still; updates for WP and plugins are constantly being released, and they are included in our template. We constantly update our theme with new features and fix outstanding issues. You can check the changelog here . We recommend using the latest theme version to avoid any issues associated with incorrect template functioning. Whenever the theme is updated, files will be rewritten. If you have made any changes to the updated files, those changes will be lost. Therefore, if you are planning to customize your template, you are advised to use the Child Theme, or the Custom CSS area in Theme Options if your changes only affect CSS styles. Theme updates only affect the theme files, and do not affect the database. To avoid difficulties, backup the theme files and database before any update.
Please, do the backup of your database and files before starting theme update.
There are many plugins to backup the site:
- UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin
- BackWPup – BackWPup – WordPress Backup Plugin
- All-in-One WP Migration
Follow the steps below to update theme through FTP:
- Download the zipped package from ThemeForest and extract to your desktop.
- In the extracted package, you will find archive XStore_Theme_v.x.x.zip; the WordPress theme.
- Extract the zip file and upload the extracted XStore folder to /wp-content/themes/ folder on your server with overwriting.
- Check to see if you are using the latest version of the XStore Core plugin. Update this plugin if your version is not the most recent.
Update using Automatic Updates
- Go to Dashboard > Updates
- Press Check Again button to force check of the updates.
- Find XStore theme in the list. Also, you may need to update XStore Core plugin. Choose theme/plugin and press update theme/plugin button
Update using Easy Theme Update plugin
You may also use Easy Theme Update plugin to back up your theme and upload the latest version.
Re-save your XStore options after upgrading the theme. Navigate to admin panel>Theme Options and hit Save Changes.
Update using Envato Market plugin
Install the plugin - https://envato.com/market-plugin/ and follow step by step instruction to update the theme.