5.x to 6.x migration
Every theme update includes a number of improvements to the theme functionality and performance. In the 6.0 version of XStore theme we migrated from the Redux framework to Kirki to get the live edit of theme options, implement header builder and speed up the theme.
Follow the steps below to update theme from 5.x version to 6.x version without additional problems. If your site is live and you want to save customers from any possible problems after update then we would recommend you to create a staging site and update theme and plugin there first. Test the staging site after update. Only if everything is ok then proceed with the production site update.
- Do the backup of all your files and DB. You can use the Duplicator plugin or any other way suitable for you.
- Go to Plugins > Add new > install and activate the Kirki framework plugin.
- Update theme and XStore core plugin using any method described in our documentation.
- Go to XStore > Theme Options to finish migration from Redux to Kirki.
- Deactivate and remove Redux framework plugin
- If you use cache plugin, CDN or both don't forget to clear CDN and plugin caches to avoid problems with out of date styles and scripts!
If you followed this guide but still have any issues after update, please, submit topic on our support forum, describe your problem in more detail and provide Dashabord and FTP access to your site. Our support staff will help you ASAP!