XStore supports the custom WordPress menus. Custom menus may contain links to pages, categories, custom links or other content types. If you want to add special features to the menu like posts and posts categories, portfolio categories, classes for links, etc., click on the Screen optionsbutton in the upper right corner, where you'll be able to choose much more menu item options.
There is no limit in XStore as to how many menus you can create. The XStore theme features these 5 menu locations:
- Main menu – This menu will be displayed in the default menu position, or at the left side if you are using a header type with double menus.
- Main menu right – This menu that will be displayed at the right side if you are using a header type with double menus. Don't choose this type of menu for the header type with a single menu; if you do, you'll see the double menus at fixed header.
- Mobile menu - You can create and use separate menu for mobile devices. This is useful for those who use the nonstandard desktop menu (with multi levels mega-menu items etc.) and wish to show a simpler menu on a mobile device.
- Secondary menu – This places an additional vertical menu before the main menu.
- My account – This is a custom menu you can use for a Sign In/Sign Out dropdown.
In the section Theme Locations,you can choose which custom menu to associate with each location.
To create a new menu, navigate to the Dashboard > Appearance > Menus page and click on the create a new menu link. Then, you can add Pages, Posts and Custom Links from blocks located on the left. When you have your menu items arranged in the order you want, click on Save Menu.
XStore Menu Options
XStore theme has additional settings for creating a menu. Options will change depending on the menu item level.
- Disable navigation labels - allows you disable menu titles (1st, 2nd levels).
- Design - allows you to choose menu type (1st level) or set custom link item like image column (2nd, 3rd levels).
- Columns - set the number of columns if Mega Menu design type is selected (1st level).
- Column width - control the width of every column inside Mega Menu by entering a percentage. 100% is equivalent to the sum of default column values (1 column - 185px) that you set in Column;
- Widget area - use widget area with custom content.
- Icon name - each menu item can have afont awesome icon. Use font awesome class in the name. Ex: fa fa-connectdevelop.
- Label - apply the label for your menu item: new, sale, hot.
- Menu item image - to use the image for menu, upload the image file, and set the menu position. You can use the image as a background for the menu item, or as a separate image column.
You need to save the menu after adding menu items to display the theme settings for the menu!